The Indian Commerce Association, one of the premier professional associations of India was founded in 1947. It was formed as an apex body comprising experts from Commerce, Management, Economics, Technology and Business community, with the objectives such as;
- Strengthening Commerce & Management education
- Promoting research in the field of Business education
- Organising periodic conference, seminars and workshops
- Undertaking publication of journals and books
- Providing consultancy services
- To act as a think tank to offer suggestions to policy makers at the national level to formulate and implement measures that would add to the economic growth of the country.
ICA like its counterparts in industry viz; CII, ASSOCHAM and FICCI, takes active interest in data base and discussion on the issues of national importance. Annual conference held at the national level is an event to be watched. Till now 71 conferences have been organised at different parts of the country. ICA has been publishing an Indian Journal of Commerce, a high esteem journal in all circles.